by Sami A. Shenouda, LL.B
- “Sorry about the short notice, but closing is in a few days.”
- “The file has been instructed. Are you sure you don’t have mortgage instructions?”
- “There are debts to pay on closing, but I don’t have the card / loan numbers and you will have to get those from the client(s).”
- “The client is using Bridge / Interim financing, but there is a different Solicitor handling the Sale or the Purchase.”
This causes a huge problem, as the Solicitor must give an undertaking to the lender, and the client must sign a direction. We have to get the other Solicitor to send us the sale documents so that we can then provide an undertaking to the lender.
- “Sorry, the client is on vacation until such date, and you will have to get them in the day before Closing to sign documents.”
About the author:
Sami A. Shenouda is a partner at the Shenouda Headly Derpak Law Group. You can reach him via
Tel. 306-974-3393 ext. 101
103-202 Wellman Cres.
Saskatoon, SK S7T 0J1
If you missed it: 5 things a lawyer loves to hear from a mortgage broker. 💕